Exit site

Off The Record would like to wish you all the best at university!

We hope university will be an exciting and positive experience for you but we also recognise that fresh starts can bring new challenges. Some anxiety is natural but if you start to feel particularly stressed or low then support is available:

Talk to someone – your new friends, your family and friends from home, your personal tutor

Get support – all universities have student support services that usually offer medical, academic and emotional support (including counselling). Find outwhat’s available in your university and get in touch.

Although Off the Record can’t offer face to face emotional support to people outside Croydon, Sutton or Merton, our website has lots of useful information www.talkofftherecord.org including if you need help now, and if you need support during the transition to University and have a permenant address in one of the three boroughs above, you can speak to one of our online Counsellors here: https://talkofftherecordonline.org

There may also be a young people’s service like Off the Record in your university area, have a look on www.youthaccess.org.uk/find-your-local-service - if not, there’s self-help advice available at Student Minds’ website, The Mix and Students Against Depression.

Call us

Croydon Service 020 8251 0251

Mondays to Thursdays 10.30am - 7pm & Fridays 10am - 4pm

Young Carers Service 020 8649 9339

Mondays to Fridays 10am - 6pm

Sutton Service 020 8680 8899

Mondays to Thursdays 10am - 6pm & Fridays 2pm - 6pm

Merton Service 0203 984 4004

Email us